Middle Years Programme (MYP)
The Middle Years Programme (MYP) forms the basis of curriculum delivery for Grades 7-10 at Strathcona-Tweedsmuir School.
The Alberta Education curriculum is delivered through the MYP which provides a framework for students to see course content through real-life contexts as they are encouraged to ask questions, think critically, and work collaboratively.
The Middle Years Programme:
- addresses students’ intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being;
- enables students to understand and manage the complexities of our world, and provides them with the skills and attitudes they need in order to take responsible action for the future;
- ensures breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding through the study of eight subject areas;
- requires the study of at least two languages to support students in understanding their own culture and that of others; and
- provides the opportunity for students to undertake an independent project into an area of interest.