Celebrating Alumni Series - Master the Art of Making Cocktails!
Shelter Cocktail Bar and Lounge
Like cocktails and want to take it to the next level? Master the art of making cocktails at this workshop with fellow alumnus, Nick Suche ‘07, owner of Shelter Cocktail Bar and Lounge, Calgary. Our cocktail class teach you the fundamentals behind cocktailing, liquor theory, and more! In this cocktail course, we are going to delve into the rich history of cocktails and the base spirits that comprise them. This class will include a comprehensive history of cocktail culture, from mixology’s origins in the 1,800’s, back to the gin craze of 1,695, through prohibition, and into the craft cocktail resurgence of the early 2,000’s. With both theory, and hands-on learning, (as well as a few drinks along the way), we’re tackling cocktailing 101.
Mixology class includes:
- Three delicious cocktails
- Complimentary bar snacks (on request)
- Cocktail and spirit theory and history
- Muddling, stirring, shaking, and smoking techniques
- A cocktail contest with prizes
- Question and answer period