Accounts Receivable Specialist
Reports to: Controller
Position Group: Support Staff
Status: Full Time (1.0FTE) continuing after successful probationary period
This position provides financial and operational support to the Controller and Chief Finance Officer.
- Preparation of accounts receivable and general related accounting activities.
- Set-up and maintain accounts, including monthly recurring charges for tuition, mandatory transportation, bus and laptop fee charges.
- Liaise with parents regarding fees, payments and respond to queries.
- Prepare and distribute Statements of Accounts on monthly basis.
- Pursue overdue accounts and follow up on NSF cheques.
- Billing of miscellaneous charges and Tweeds and More invoices.
- Invoice and process monthly benefits payments for retired staff and staff on maternity leave.
- Preparation (including data input) and distribution of March, June and September invoices for tuition, mandatory transportation, bus and laptop fees.
- Process pre-authorized payment and Visa for auto payments on tuition, mandatory transportation, bus and laptop fees.
- Process funds raised by students.
- Maintenance and preparation of registration, tuition and bus summary spreadsheet.
- Assist in preparation of registration forms and distribution of forms to parents.
- Other revenue analysis as assigned.
Financial Compliance and Control
- Support annual financial statement audit preparation including reporting through PWC Client Connect.
- Support other regulatory audits as/when required including WCB, CRA, Alberta Education.
- Support annual budget development support.
- Periodic forecast and variance analysis.
- Query development and reporting.
- Collection of accounts receivable.
- Prepare weekly bank deposits (cheques, VISA, pre-authorized) for the School and Foundation.
- Provide backup to the reception area on an as needed basis.
- Support other major projects and initiatives as assigned.
Experience, Skills, Technical and Behavioural Competencies:
- Business College Diploma with training in clerical accounting functions.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Computer skills in accounting software, word processing and spreadsheets and email.
- Experience in Blackbaud would be an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail, accuracy of computer information.
Applications must contain a cover letter, your resume and the names and contact information for three work-related references one of which must be a direct supervisor (your references will not be contacted without your prior consent). Please submit your application via email to email@example.com with the position noted in the subject line. Please do not send documents via OneDrive or other cloud-based services and please do not send letters of reference, evaluations, and/or transcripts unless asked to do so.
Applications will be reviewed as received and interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early as the position may be filled as soon as a qualified candidate is selected.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected to participate in the next phase of our interview process will be contacted.
Strathcona-Tweedsmuir School provides a welcoming environment for all employees and encourages diversity among staff and students as part of our commitment to the Alberta Human Rights Act.