Reports to: TBD
Position Group: Academic Administration
Teaching Accountability: 1.0 FTE 10 am to 6pm Monday to Friday
Term: Continuing (after probationary period)
Strathcona-Tweedsmuir School (STS) is seeking an experienced and motivated administrative assistant to support student success and well-being in a K-12 environment. This is a 1.0 FTE continuing position subject to the successful completion of the probationary year.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and articulate administrative professional who is highly organized and able to balance and support multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic school environment. The ability to maintain confidentiality and remain calm under pressure are key assets. Critical and flexible thinkers who demonstrate initiative, integrity, and attention to detail will be successful in this position. A customer service mindset to ensure exceptional service to internal stakeholders (e.g., administrators and faculty) as well as external stakeholders (e.g., families, service-providers) must be demonstrated through prior experience.
Provide administrative support to the Deputy Head Academics, Principals and support with student success programs including student success centre and after school programming. Provide consistent and reliable support to the school leadership team in the form of logistical, clerical and administrative support using technology and communication skills. Interface with teachers, students, parents and school service providers while upholding the school’s values of integrity, respect, and service-orientation. Maintain confidentiality and follow all school and provincial regulations for student safety and wellbeing.
- Maintain close and professionally responsive relationships with the school leadership team.
- Plan, coordinate and assist the Deputy Head Academics and Principals with meetings and administrative tasks including booking meetings, meeting minutes recording and dissemination.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Executive Services Administrator to coordinate logistical tasks like calendar management, parent permissions, and organizing school functions.
- Maintain records of meetings, tasks, budget reconciliations for school leadership team
- Support with organization and logistics of after-school activities and programs to ensure student safety, supervision and well-being in such programs.
- Supervise students in the student success center at times to provide support to the Senior School Learning Strategist
- Develop and maintain a school academic calendar with the Principals and support their deliverables by coordinating with teachers, enrollment and marketing as needed.
- Maintain effective and on-going communication with stakeholders
- Utilize technology safely and confidentially to promote collaboration and consistent customer service
- Support the organization and implementation of special events and projects as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Technical Ability:
- 5 years experience in office administration through education or work experience
- Personable, flexible and able to demonstrate care and empathy in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain professional behaviour and confidentiality in conduct at all times
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google docs, and computer literacy in general. Database experience is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement and show initiative
Candidates must be able to provide evidence of strong communication skills, technology skills (e.g., working with spreadsheets, document management, databases), organizational skills, and interpersonal skills (including working with children and families).
All employees are expected to demonstrate a commitment to students’ safety and wellbeing at school. A vulnerable sector police check clearance will be required for an employment offer.
Applications must contain a cover letter, resume, the names and contact information for three work-related references one of which must be a direct supervisor (references will not be contacted without prior consent). Please submit applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position noted in the subject line. Please do not send documents via SkyDrive or other cloud-based services and please do not send letters of reference, evaluations, and/or transcripts unless asked to do so.
Applications will be reviewed as received and interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early as the position may be filled as soon as a qualified candidate is selected.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected to participate in the next phase of our interview process will be contacted.
Strathcona-Tweedsmuir School provides a welcoming environment for all employees and encourages diversity among staff and students as part of our commitment to the Alberta Human Rights Act.