Reports to: Head of Learning Innovation
Position Group: Contract
Term: Exact dates to be determined
You are a digital course author who is passionate about the possibilities of instructional design to activate learning and engagement. You are a champion for competency-based learning, mastery and developing learning experiences that affirm students' identities. Your goal is to design materials that bring learning to life; that draw students in and keep them in a place of rapture. You can view curriculum as a series of competency pathways and can build learning experiences and assessments accordingly.
During the Spring / Summer of 2023, we are actively seeking learning animators for the following courses: CALM, Math 10C, Math 20-2, Math 30-2, English 10-1, Social Studies 10-1, Science 10-1.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer within the STAND learning management system.
- State instructional end goals and create content that develops mastery with room for student choice and voice.
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.)
- Create visualized instructional graphics.
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods.
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process.
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments.
- Maintain project documentation and course folders.
* See detailed design standards in attached Addendum
What You Need to Succeed
Education: Degree or diploma in Education or instructional design. Post-graduate work in educational technology and instructional design is considered an asset.
Experience: You are a subject matter expert, passionate about the creation of learning experiences and resources and embrace educational technologies. You can demonstrate unit, lesson, and curriculum mapping skills.
Role Specific Training: You are familiar with Google Workplace, Office 365, Canva, Learning Management Systems (we will provide training on the LMS we use) and educational technology apps. You are comfortable using tools like Loom and YouTube to create instructional videos and interactive content.
Renumeration: Completed contracts will result in a stipend of $6,500 CDN for 5 credit courses; $4,000 for 3 credit courses; $1,000 for 1 credit courses. This total will be awarded in one increment based on mutually agreed upon targets.
Applications must contain a cover letter, your resume, the names and contact information for three work-related references one of which must be a direct supervisor (your references will not be contacted without your prior consent). Please submit your application via email to email@example.com with the position noted in the subject line. Please do not send documents via OneDrive or other cloud-based services and please do not send letters of reference, evaluations, and/or transcripts unless asked to do so.
Applications will be reviewed as received and interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early as the position may be filled as soon as a qualified candidate is selected.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected to participate in the next phase of our interview process will be contacted.
Strathcona-Tweedsmuir School provides a welcoming environment for all employees and encourages diversity among staff and students as part of our commitment to the Alberta Human Rights Act.