Our new inspiring facilities will support teaching and learning at STS, and will meet the current and future needs of our students. The new stimulus-rich spaces will encourage student-directed, collaborative learning. Construction priorities are:
A new Elementary Wing to welcome our youngest learners into a flexible learning environment where teaching best practice is optimized. Highlights include:
- flexible spaces will enable teachers to incorporate a wider variety of activities to better align instruction with learning styles
- bright, open and warm spaces will enhance student comfort and increase the sense of belonging within each learning community
- Da Vinci studios that allow for innovative, creative project work that may be messy
- first-ever STS Kindergarten classroom
Expanded Fine and Performing Arts spaces to meet the creative needs of students with facilities and technology conducive to artistic expression. Highlights include:
- acoustically optimized band and choral rooms will enhance students’ musical performancesa purpose-built drama room
- larger visual arts spaces will allow students to work on projects over time
- small group and individual rehearsal rooms
A new Heart of the School to create a warm welcome to our STS campus.
Purposeful landscaping for learning to enrich educational opportunities offered by nature on our country campus.